Sunday, October 3, 2021

Week Three

 This was my third week in Mr. Thornhill's class and I went on Tuesday and Thursday. The students had a test over Ancient Greece on Thursday, so Tuesday was a review day. The class went over their notes and then I led a review game for the last 45 minutes of class. I was nervous to start as I was concerned I wouldn't be able to hold 32 sophomores attention. Fortunately, it went well. I made a powerpoint with review questions from the notes sheets and some from the test. We played trashketball and most everyone was engaged with the game. Most of the questions were answered correctly, and I felt good about my first time leading the class in an activity. Mr. Thornhill said he might steal my idea for his next periods, which made me very proud.

Thursday was relaxed as most students finished the exam before lunch. The test was on Canvas and if they got a low score with the first attempt, they could use their notes for a second attempt with a maximum score of 70. Not many students used this option and most made an A or B. They had the rest of the class period to work on their vocabulary terms for Rome next week.

I am leading my first class period next week! I will use Mr. Thornhill's lesson which is nice, and I'll be able to watch him on Monday and pick up some of his techniques. He told me I can add videos, writing prompts, and discussion questions to what he has planned so far. I'm looking forward to the opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week Seven: Last Week of Placement

 These past seven weeks have flown by so quickly! It feels like I went into Sherman High School for the first time just last week. I must ad...