This was a busy week at placement!
Monday I was feeling under the weather with a cold, but I was still feeling well enough to go to the high school. There was a sub again, so the class worked on their projects that were due Friday. They were much better behaved this time than with the previous sub. It was fascinating to see first hand how one teacher can really change the behavior of the class. I walked around answering questions about the projects and helped a couple students get started all together. I asked the band kids how their competition went over the weekend and learned about everyone's weekend.
Wednesday Dr. Shahid came to observe me teach a lesson about the fall of the Roman Empire. I was prepared and confident with my lesson, but I was still nervous to hear her feedback. Things went well overall and I was happy with how everyone went. Dr. Shahid gave me some helpful feedback about my lesson and I am excited to incorporate the things she told me into future plans.
There was a pep rally on Friday so the class time was different than usual. The football game that night was pink-out themed and it was fun to see how people dressed up. The class turned in their projects and I was surprised that so many students didn't have theirs since I had seen them working the past two class periods. Mr. Thornhill arranged a gallery walk for the projects and everyone picked their top three to win a candy bar. I was very impressed with some of the projects, there are some artists in that class! After lunch they started a new unit about the Byzantine Empire. Mr. Thornhill introduced some key terms and then the class filled out their notes individually.
It's hard to believe I only have two observations left! While I'll be glad to have that time back to myself during the day, it will be odd not to see everyone any more.
No comments:
Post a Comment